Pregnancy Loss Due to Abortion
Pregnancy Center East and its LILA representatives strongly believe in the healing power of faith-based programs. LILA is intended to bridge the gap between clients of Pregnancy Center East and post-abortive healing programs. The Cincinnati area offers a number of well-established, reputable programs for women hurt by the trauma of abortion. One such program is the HEART program run by the Eve Center.
HEART provides abortion recovery and support for women of all ages, backgrounds, race and denomination. Through a group process or one-to-one format the group looks at:
- The pregnancies
- Abortion decisions
- Where is God in all this
This confidential, non-judgmental environment allows the search for truth to unfold. Using a recovery study written specifically for abortion, HEART looks to God and what He promises which results in healing and wholeness.
At least one, if not both, of your HEART leaders had abortions and have experienced the healing and life-changing experience HEART offers.
If you are interested in learning more about options for recovery from pregnancy loss due to abortion, you may:
- Ask your Pregnancy Center East (PCE) Client Advocate to put you in touch with a LILA representative either in person or by telephone
- Ask your PCE Client Advocate to call and make an initial appointment for you to meet a HEART group leader at the Eve Center
- Telephone the Eve Center and ask about the HEART program.
- If you are interested in another post-abortive healing program, your LILA rep can guide you to participation in such a program
YOU determine the level of support you would like from a LILA representative. If you decide to learn about and/or participate in the Eve Center’s HEART program your LILA representative may:
- Meet you at the Eve Center and sit in during your initial appointment
- Send you a card of encouragement as you participate in the HEART group
- Pray for you each week as you participate in the HEART group
- Guard your story - she will not share in volunteer training, prayer groups, or church anything about you. Your story is only yours to tell.
- Challenge you to focus on purpose-recovery from pregnancy loss due to abortion.
- Encourage you to complete the pages in the HEART recovery book.
- Listen when you encounter a rough patch in healing, yet direct you to the group leaders for specific steps to move forward.
- Show you warmth, empathy, and respect-ingredients of success that every woman deserves.
- With permission from the HEART leaders and group members, attending the closing celebration
Limits are: She cannot drive you to HEART group or provide child care, nor participate as a group member.
Abortion is an isolating procedure.
Recovery is a sisterhood - LILA means you never have to be alone in this issue again.
Other LILA-endorsed Post-Abortive Programs:
If HEART is not the best fit for you, your LILA rep can guide you to and provide support to you during your participation in another LILA-endorsed recovery program. These include:
- Project Rachel http://www.hopeafterabortion.com/ For over 25 years, women and men have been coming to Project Rachel, the post-abortion ministry of the Catholic Church, for help in healing their emotional and spiritual wounds. The priests and counselors in the Project Rachel network understand the pain and loss that follow abortion. They have led thousands of grieving women and men from despair to hope and peace.
- Rachel's Vineyard http://www.rachelsvineyard.org This program is an opportunity to examine your abortion experience, identify the ways that the loss has impacted you in the past and present, and helps to acknowledge any unresolved feelings that many individuals struggle with after abortion. This program is affiliated with our friends at Pregnancy Center West.
- The HOPE Project - http://www.hopeafterabortiondayton.org/about.html The HOPE Project is Elizabeth's New Life Center's (Dayton, OH) compassionate response to help women who are post-abortive find forgiveness and healing. The mission is to help all those who are suffering from their abortion experience.